Car parks are found in almost any heart of a city. Although highly needed in clotted urban areas most of them are – let’s be honest – ugly and uneventful concrete boxes. Architects and municipalities are struggling to balance between costs and creating an attractive urban area.
- A solution that is quickly applied on both existing or new car parks
- It offers an open structure up to over 50% openness, meeting the highest requirements for ventilation in car park structures
- Textile facades can be applied on simple but sustainable construction techniques, making it a cheap solution
- It is easy to clean and maintain because of it’s dirt repellant qualities
- Custom printed textile facades can bring local flavour to the appearance
- We offer a 10 years warranty on appearance
Printable has extensive experience with parking garages and its regulations when it comes to tensile textiles, such as the differences in the regulated open weave percentages that vary from country to country. We offer a wide range of technical membranes from renowned manufacturers that can be printed with any design.
Next generation is actually taking Nitrogen out of the environment.
At this moment a pilot project is done by RWTH Aachen University supported by the Institute for Textile Technology Aachen (ITA) on a facade of a ECE office building in Hamburg. This textile facade has been treated with an additional coating with nanotitanium oxide. The coating binds the harmful nitrogen oxides that pollute the air through car emissions. The facade not only binds nitrogen oxides, but also helps to reduce the CO2 emission of the 22-year-old building: Studies have shown that this new mesh fabric building envelope can reduce up to 78 percent of the solar cooling loads of buildings in summer.